Holiday Closing/Shipping Hours
There will be no shipping on the following days due to Lambert Vet Supply offices holiday closings and our shipping carriers’ holiday schedules.
- Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020: Thanksgiving Day - LVS offices are closed as well as all carriers.
- Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020: Christmas Eve - LVS offices are closing at noon - no shipping.
- Friday, Dec. 25, 2020: Christmas Day - LVS offices are closed as well as all carriers.
- Friday, Jan. 1, 2020: New Year's Day - LVS offices are closed as well as all carriers.
- Standard Ground Shipping: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2020
- 2-Day Shipping: Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2020
- Standard Overnight shipping: Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2020
Covid-19 Info: Please see our notice below.
Updated June 26, 2020
April 25, 2020, Covid-19 Updated Shipping Information
OVERNIGHT SHIPPING ONLY for all perishables, some of which are vaccines and prescriptions until further notice. Same day shipping only on orders placed before Monday 11 AM CT and Tuesday 11 AM CT. Orders placed after Tuesday 11 AM CT will be shipped the following Monday. Overnight delivery money-back guarantee has been suspended by FedEx and UPS, Lambert Vet Supply third party carriers, due to the significant delivery changes experienced from the impact of Covid-19. Local, State, and National Government are updating daily work and travel restrictions during this critical period which have affected third party carriers ability to timely deliver or complete delivery on any product shipment, expedited or standard.
Ground delivery is also experiencing delay in product delivery.
As of April 25, 2020, Lambert Vet Supply is unable to guarantee timely delivery or completed delivery on any product shipment, expedited or standard. Lambert Vet Supply will not reimburse you for any delayed, damaged, or unable-to-deliver products and there is no money-back guarantee for shipping fees at this time. We will continue to fulfill your orders and ship products during this unprecedented period.
Prescription Order Processing
- Prescription items ordered must match the written prescription and the prescription form must be completed in entirety or your order could be delayed.
- Once the prescription authorization is received from your veterinarian, the order will be processed and shipped withing 24-72 business hours. If you have a prescription on file and order was placed by 11 am Central Time (CT) we will do our best to ship the next business day. Please allow 3- 5 days for veterinarians to respond to prescription requests, but sometimes the process can take longer, depending on the situation.
- If you have a prescription on file and order was placed by 11 am Central Time (CT) we will do our best to ship the next business day.
- Prescription items, some medical supplies, and non-prescription items that require a veterinarian prescription due to State laws, such as vaccines, syringes, and needles will ship separately from the balance of our order. An email with separate tracking information will be sent to you.
Please see Prescription Disclaimer for additional information
- Order processing is typically 24-48 business hours.
- Ground orders placed after 11 a.m. Central Time (CT) generally will be processed the following business day. Currently we are not able to process orders on Saturday or Sunday. No Shipping on Holidays.
- FedEx SmartPost may be used to ship your package via ground unless otherwise specified. Please allow 4-7 business days for delivery. With the SmartPost ship service, your package is shipped via the FedEx Ground Network and handed off to your Post Office for final delivery. FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. Address, including P.O. Boxes and military APO. FPO, and DPO destinations.
- Overnight orders, with the exception, of vaccines and temperature sensitive items, placed after 11 a.m. Central Time (CT) generally will be processed the following business day. Overnight orders shipped on Friday will not be delivered until the following Monday. In some areas Saturday delivery is available for an additional fee, please call 800-344-6337. No Shipping on Holidays.
- 2nd day orders, with the exception, of vaccines and temperature sensitive items, placed after 11 a.m. Central Time (CT) generally will be processed the next business day. 2nd day orders shipped on Thursday will not be delivered until the following Monday. No shipping on Holidays.
- Vaccine and Temperature Sensitive items shipping schedules follows. Overnight orders processed by 11 am CT Monday -Tuesday -Wednesday are shipped same day. Overnight orders processed after 11 am CT Wednesday and orders processed on Thursday and Friday will be shipped the following Monday. 2nd day orders processed by 11 am CT Monday -Tuesday -Wednesday are shipped same day. 2nd day orders processed after 11 am CT Monday and Tuesday are shipped the following business day. Orders processed after Wednesday 11 am CT and orders processed Thursday and Friday will be shipped the following Monday. No Shipping on Holidays.
Please make other special requests for shipping options in the Comments box at the end of checkout.
FedEx Delivery Signature Requirement Information
Please add a comment in the space provided at the bottom of the checkout page if you wish to require a signature for orders under $199 or to waive a signature for orders over $200. Signatures are required for orders over $500 without exception.
Please note: Overnight and 2nd Day orders cannot be shipped to a PO Box.
Large Purchase Quantity Important Notice
Large purchase quantities of certain items may result in additional shipping/freight charges. You will be notified as soon as possible if additional shipping applies. Your order will not ship until all charges are paid.
If you live in a region that exhibits extreme hot or cold temperature, we recommend you choose the express overnight shipping method. Lambert Vet Supply is not responsible if the content(s) of your package undergo inclement weather as this is out of our control. It is the client’s responsibility to consider current weather conditions when ordering medications. If arrangements need to be made on any shipping service or shipping method, it is the client’s responsibility to contact our customer service line at 800-344-6337 to discuss further arrangements. Additional charges may be applied at that time.
Risk of Loss
Lambert Vet Supply is not responsible for misdirected, weather-delayed, or undeliverable packages. All items purchased from Lambert Vet Supply are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. Please note once a product has shipped it is considered a complete sale.
Certain products are marked free shipping. These products ship free and their price is not included towards the aggregate total of $100 for the Free shipping on orders $100 or greater.
Free Shipping on orders $100 or greater
Free standard shipping automatically applies to qualifying orders of $100 or greater within the contiguous United States. Certain items already receive free shipping and their price is not included in the aggregate total of $100, see free ship above. Additional Fees apply to some items cause the shipping cost to rise due to size, weight, or other considerations are not included in this program. These items are indicated on their product pages as Oversize, Temperature Sensitive, LTD QTY, and Drop ship. For orders under $100 see Shipping Charges.
Vaccines and Temperature Sensitive Items Cooler Fee
Vaccines and temperature sensitive items are identified on product page. A Styrofoam cooler is automatically added to the order, with an additional charge of $4.25 added to the shopping cart. Temperature sensitive items are shipped only Overnight or 2nd Day. Please note the Vaccine and Temperature Sensitive items shipping information above under order processing.
Oversize Item Fee
Oversize items are marked on product page. Any item that weighs over 8 pounds is considered an oversized item. Orders containing oversized items will be assessed a $4 oversized fee per item. Orders containing oversized items must ship via ground service. 2nd Day and Overnight service is unavailable for oversized items.
ORM-D / Limited Quantity Items
ORM-D items are marked on product pages. Extra fees may apply if order quantity falls under the Limited Quantity (LTD QTY) designation. The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) prevents us from air-shipping items that may cause a hazard. Products that are marked ORM-D (Other Regulated Materials – Domestic) can only be shipped standard ground to a physical address, within the contiguous United States. They are unable to be shipped to a P.O. Box. The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) prevents us from air-shipping items that may cause a hazard.
- aerosol-type products
- flammable and certain liquids.
Drop ship Items
Drop ship items are marked as "Ships directly from manufacturer". These items can only be ordered by via phone 800-344-6337.
Shipping Charges & Additional Fees Table
For orders Over $500.00 please CALL for shipping costs.
Lambert Vet Supply contracts with the following carriers:
- FedEx Ground
- Fed Ex Express
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
Effective June 13, 2011, each order processed through LambertVetSupply.com will be subject to a $1 handling fee. This fee covers rising fuel costs and will be applied to the shopping cart upon checkout.
Package Delivery Safety Notice
Lambert Vet Supply is not responsible for packages that are stolen or lost after delivery.
We do understand the stress and inconvenience of arriving home and discovering that your package has been stolen. Here are some tips to help safeguard your deliveries if you will not be there to receive them when they arrive.
- If allowed, have the package delivered to your workplace while you are there.
- Arrange to have your package delivered to a trusted friend, relative, or neighbor.
- Arrange for your packages to be signed for. If you wish to have signature required for delivery, please make a note in the comments section at the bottom of the checkout page.
- If necessary, you can have undelivered packages redirected:
- The United States Postal Service offers a service called Package Intercept which will, for a fee, redirect an undelivered package to your local post office or another domestic address.
- FedEx's Delivery Manager allows you to set a delivery time or redirect your package (for a fee), but will hold your package at a FedEx location for free.
- If you have no other options, provide instructions in comment box about a less visible location where your package can be left.
To inquire about your order or for shipping questions call 800-344-6337 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, Central Time or by email [email protected]