Hazards To Humans And Domestic Animals - Danger
Corrosive. Causes irreversible eye damage. May be fatal if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Avoid breathing spray mist. When applying, mixing, or loading, applicators must wear protective eyewear (goggles, face shield, or safety glasses), long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes and socks, and chemical-resistant gloves. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse.
If In Eyes
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If On Swallowed
Immediately call a poison control center or doctor. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give any liquid to the person. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If On Skin Or Clothing
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-766-7661 for emergency medical treatment information.
Note To Physician/veterinarian
Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Paramite® L.A. is an organophosphate insecticide and a cholinesterase inhibitor. If signs of cholinesterase inhibition are present, atropine is antidotal. 2-PAM is also antidotal and may be administered in conjunction with atropine. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. May present aspiration hazard. Usual symptoms of organophosphate poisoning in humans include: headache, blurred vision, weakness, nausea, discomfort in the chest, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, salivation, sweating, and pin-point pupils. Usual symptoms of poisoning in animals include: salivation, labored breathing, gastrointestinal disturbance, tremors, staggering, and pin-point pupils.
This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of equipment washwaters or rinsate. Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas.
Physical Or Chemical Hazards
Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Protect from temperatures below 20° F.