- Detects soluble Giardia antigens-no more slide-scanning for evasive cysts
- Has no sample-prep time-easy to set up alongside fecal floats
- Provides better answers on just one sample-near reference-laboratory accuracy
- Is the first USDA-approved in-clinic rapid assay for the detection of Giardia-solution antigen
This product is NON-RETURNABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE.
It's easy to use the SNAP® Giardia Test:
1. Swab sample and place swab tip into tube. Bend bulb to break seal and release conjugate.
2. Squeeze and release bulb 3 times to mix sample and conjugate.
3. Squeeze bulb to dispense 5 drops into the sample well of a SNAP® device.
4. When color first appears in the activation circle, press firmly to activate. You will hear a distinct “snap.”
5. Read the test result 8 minutes from the time of activation.
To determine the test result, read the reaction spots in the result window and compare the color intensity of the sample spot to that of the negative control spot.
The result is negative for a sample spot, if:
There is no color on the sample spot and the negative control spot.
Color on the sample spot is equal to the color on the negative control spot.
Color on the Giardia Ag indicator sample spot is darker than the color on the negative control spot. Note: Some positive results may have only light color intensity on the sample spot.
The negative control spot serves as a safeguard against false-positives. Color development on the positive control spot indicates the test reagents are functional and helps indicate that the assay has been run properly.
If the positive control spot does not develop color, the result is invalid. Repeat the test.
If color on the negative control spot is darker than color on the sample spot, the test is invalid. Repeat the test.
If invalid results are obtained for a sample when repeated, contact IDEXX Customer Support.