Recommended dosages only. Always follow the directions for dosing and administration from your veterinarian.
This syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1250 lb horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb (200 mcg/kg) body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb body weight.
- While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
- Make sure that the horse's mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
PARASITE CONTROL PROGRAM: All horses should be included in a regular parasite control program with particular attention being paid to mares, foals and yearlings. Foals should be treated initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age, and routine treatment repeated as appropriate. Consult your veterinarian for a control program to meet your specific needs. Ivermectin Paste 1.87% effectively controls gastrointestinal nematodes and bots of horses. Regular treatment will reduce the chances of verminous arteritis caused by Strongylus vulgaris.
Storage Conditions: Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F), excursions permitted between 15°C and 30°C (between 59°F and 86°F)